General Election Information
May 6, 2023 General Election
The City of Haslet General Election will be held Saturday, May 6, 2023 from 7am - 7pm for the purpose of electing Mayor, Council Member Place 2, and Council Member Place 4. All terms are for two years.
Applications for a Place on the Ballot will be accepted beginning at 8:00am on Wednesday, January 18, 2023.
- The first day and time to file for a Place on the Ballot is 8:00am Wednesday, January 18, 2023.
- The last day and time to file for a Place on the Ballot is 5:00pm Friday, February 17, 2023.
All applications must be completely filled out, notarized and received by the City Secretary no later than 5:00pm on Friday, February 17, 2023 to be declared filed; the City Secretary can notarize the application.
Both packets are also available at City Hall; once a candidate officially files, a Candidate Packet will be provided for reference and guides.
NOTICE OF DEADLINE TO FILE APPLICATIONS FOR A PLACE ON THE BALLOT
AVISO DE FECHA LÍMITE PARA PRESENTAR UNA SOLICITUD PARA UN LUGAR EN LA BOLETA
THÔNG BÁO VỀ THỜI HẠN NỘP ĐƠN XIN VỊ TRÍ TRÊN LÁ PHIẾU
The City Secretary's Office is responsible for conducting municipal elections as prescribed by the Election Code of the State of Texas.
City of Haslet City Council Elected Officials and Terms
The governing and lawmaking body of the City of Haslet consists of a Mayor and five (5) Council Members, all of whom are elected at large. The terms of the Mayor and Council Members shall be elected for two (2) year terms. The Mayor and Council Places 2 and 4, shall be elected in odd-numbered years, and Council Places 1, 3, and 5 shall be elected in even-numbered years.
City of Haslet City Council
Mayor - Gary Hulsey
Council Member, Place 1 - Doug Horak
Council Member, Place 2 - Kerry Ricketts
Council Member, Place 3 / Mayor Pro Tem - Marilyn Broyles
Council Member, Place 4 - Hector Najera
Council Member, Place 5 - Tanya Morrow
Future Municipal Elections
- May 6, 2023 – Elect Mayor, Council Members Place 2 and 4
- Filing Period for the May 6, 2023 Election: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 thru Friday, February 17, 2023
- May 4, 2024 – Elect Council Members Places 1, 3, and 5
- May 3, 2025 – Elect Mayor, Council Members Place 2 and 4
Other elections may be called as need in accordance with the Texas Election Code.
Filing requirements are per state statute, available on the Secretary of State's website.
Candidate Eligibility for Public Office
Please refer to Local Government Code 141.001.
Voter Registration Status
View the Texas Secretary of State Registration Page to register to vote or to confirm your voter registration status.
Main Early Voting by Personal Appearance Locations
Tarrant County Mail Early Voting Location
City of Haslet Main Early Voting Location
- Information for Candidates - Texas Secretary of State
- Candidate Financial Filing Information - Texas Ethics Commission
- Voter Information (including registering to vote, future State election dates, and Voter ID look up) - VoteTexas.gov
- Tarrant County Election Information - Tarrant County Elections or 817-831-8683
Find additional election-related dates and information on the Secretary of State's website (posted in accordance with Tx. Legis. H.B. 305, effective September 1, 2019).
|Election Contact Information:||Shannon Montgomery, TRMC|
101 Main Street
Haslet, Texas 76052
817-439-5931 ext 102