- Election Information
General Election Information
The City Secretary's Office is responsible for conducting municipal elections as prescribed by the Election Code of the State of Texas. The City Secretary service as the Chief Election Officer for all local City elections and coordinates with Tarrant County Elections Administration for any state and federal elections.
City of Haslet City Council Elected Officials and Terms
The governing and lawmaking body of the City of Haslet consists of a Mayor and five (5) Council Members, all of whom are elected at large. The terms of the Mayor and Council Members shall be elected for two (2) year terms. The Mayor and Council Places 2 and 4, shall be elected in odd-numbered years, and Council Places 1, 3, and 5 shall be elected in even-numbered years.
City of Haslet Governing Body
Mayor - Gary Hulsey
Council Member, Place 1 - Doug Horak
Council Member, Place 2 - Kerry Ricketts
Council Member, Place 3 / Mayor Pro Tem - Marilyn Broyles
Council Member, Place 4 - Hector Najera
Council Member, Place 5 - Tanya Morrow
Future Municipal Elections
- May 6, 2023 – Elect Mayor, Council Members Place 2 and 4
- Filing Period for the May 6, 2023 Election: Wednesday, January 18, 2023 thru Friday, February 17, 2023
- May 4, 2024 – Elect Council Members Places 1, 3, and 5
- Filing Period for the May 4, 2024 Election: Wednesday, January 17, 2024 thru Friday, February 16, 2024
- May 3, 2025 – Elect Mayor, Council Members Place 2 and 4
Other elections may be called as need in accordance with the Texas Election Code.
Filing requirements are per state statute, available on the Secretary of State's website.
Candidate Eligibility for Public Office
Please refer to Local Government Code 141.001.
Voter Registration Status
View the Texas Secretary of State Registration Page to register to vote or to confirm your voter registration status.
Request for Voter Registration Applications
Main Early Voting by Personal Appearance Locations
|Tarrant County Main Early Voting Location|
Tarrant County Elections Administration
2700 Premier Street, Fort Worth, Texas 76111
|City of Haslet Main Early Voting Location|
Legacy Learning Center
501 School House Road, Haslet, Texas 76052
- Information for Candidates - Texas Secretary of State
- Candidate Financial Filing Information - Texas Ethics Commission
- Voter Information (including registering to vote, future State election dates, and Voter ID look up) - VoteTexas.gov
- Tarrant County Election Information - Tarrant County Elections or 817-831-8683
Find additional election-related dates and information on the Secretary of State's website (posted in accordance with Tx. Legis. H.B. 305, effective September 1, 2019).
Election Contact Information:
|Shannon Montgomery, TRMC|
101 Main Street
Haslet, Texas 76052
817-439-5931 ext 102